Thursday, June 3, 2010

Content Management: love hurts and so does not knowing

I have finally realized why people who are seriously engrossed in the web/app/program design field are in that particular line of work. At somepoint in their lives they decided that they just had to be a part of the 2% of the world who understands all of that stuff.

I had a thirty minute pow-pow with Cory, my brother/partner/technical advisor/idea killer yesterday and he painted a picture for me that was as clear as the storm door on my house. Simply put, basecamp doesn't jive with FB, Twitter etc like I had hoped, leaving my grandiose idea of a superhub with no legs to stand on. He did inform me that what I was trying to concept could be done, and that he could do it. The problem was that it would take much more time that it would all be worth.

Alas, I have a back-up plan. After spending another hour or so scrambling eggs in my head, I came up with a new recipe for my content management project. Now all I have to do is put it all together so that Cory can tell me all of the reasons why it won't work either. But I am going to keep trying.

1 comment: